Thursday, July 8, 2010

Angelina Jolie: "Brad and I love being together." (Parade)

Actress Angelina Jolie shows off her bewitching eyes as she grace the cover of Parade magazine. She also opens up about her relationship with Brad Pitt, children, her past and many more....

Highlights of Her Interview:

If her children are the reason why she and Brad stay together...
"The children certainly tie us together, but a relationship won't hold if it's only about the kids. You also must be really interested in each other and have a really, really wonderful, exciting time together. We do. Brad and I love being together. We enjoy it. We need it, and we always find that special time. We stay connected. We talk about it. It's very important. If Brad and I are strong and happy, then our kids have happy parents, and that's the best thing we can give them." She adds, "Brad knows me completely, exactly as I am, every part of me. He loves me. The kids love me. They know all my flaws and all my oddities. And they accept them. And so I can feel complete."

On knowing love...

"I feel sad for someone who has never known love. Love elevates. You know, Brad would joke about me having this conversation about love. Love? It's such a funny word. Brad can find certain phrases of poetry for it. I'm terrible at it. But I know it means wanting the best for the people you love, putting their interests above your own, always. Love does that. Love is what you live for."

On her rebellious past...
"I used to cut myself or jump out of airplanes, trying to find something new to push up against because sometimes everything else felt too easy. I was searching for something deeper, something more. I tried everything. I always felt caged, closed in, like I was punching at things that weren't there. I always had too much energy for the room I was in."

On the unrelenting media circus, the paparazzi...
"We do everything we can to keep our kids away from it. We travel to places where the kids aren't aware of that kind of thing. We try to give them a full life where they don't have to come face to face with that world. With the paparazzi present, we're careful when we leave the house. Other than that..." She laughs at the absurdity of it all. "We don't stand in the checkout line at the grocery store looking at the magazines. Our friends don't tell us about it. And our kids don't know. I feel if we keep looking out for them, they'll be fine."

For the Full article, visit Parade.

[Photo courtesy by Parade]

No comments:

Post a Comment