Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bob Barker steps back in criticizing 'Price Is Right' Drew Carey

After Bob Barker criticized his "Price Is Right" replacement Drew Carey for his performance on the show, the 86 year-old host is stepping back and issued a statement saying that he is not criticizing Drew and the show because he is receiving a "sizable royalty".

Barker told EW, “I would not criticize Drew Carey. I would not criticize this show. I would not criticize CBS. I would not criticize FremantleMedia because I have a sizable royalty that I am paid every year this show is on, and it’s going on for years. I would be an absolute fool. I hope this show stays on for years. As for Drew, he’s been charming and complimentary, and he had me on the show to plug my book Priceless Memories. He devoted half of the show to me! He’s a charming man, and kind and gracious. To think that I would say anything derogatory about him is idiocy.”

Barker's trouble came when a TMZ dude asked him about Drew's performance. He said, "He does the show differently than I did. I tried to make the show really exciting, and he doesn't do that. He just plays the games."

[Photo courtesy by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images ]



No comments:

Post a Comment