Tuesday, July 27, 2010

'House' Hugh Laurie Recording Blues Album

House M.D. star Hugh Laurie will be recording a blues album this summer which will be released by Warner label WME.

Laurie said, ”I am drunk with excitement at this opportunity. I know the history of actors making music is a chequered one, but I promise no one will get hurt. I am particularly thrilled to be working with Joe Henry, who has produced some of my favourite records of all time, and I can’t wait to get started.”

Laurie displayed his musical talents playing piano and guitar in different television shows and he has worked with artists including Elvis Costello, Teddy Thompson and Solomon Burke. He also played piano as a special guest on Meat Loaf's 2010 album.

The album has no release date yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment