Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Miley Cyrus on Glamour Magazine: "America’s most famous girl all grown up"


Disney star Miley Cyrus keeps it cute and fashionably rocking in the latest issue of Glamour magazine as talks about her fame, future, her boyfriend Justin and many more...

Miley Cyrus proudly says having her boyfriend Justin Gaston at her side is "the best thing that's happened to me in a long, long time."

Here's some interview highlights:

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
"Hopefully I’ll be settled: making movies, living in a house, maybe even married. I think my mom did everything pretty close to perfect, and I want to be the cool mom that the kids run home to. For now I’m still learning who I am. One minute I have black hair, the next it’s red. One day I’m wearing Converse sneakers, and the next I’m in the hippie look. I definitely feel like I know myself more than I ever have, but I don’t feel rushed to figure myself out. I have all the time in the world to do that."

How do you feel about the pin-thin-body trend in young Hollywood? "I think it’s lame, because it will eat at you forever. I’ve been at photo shoots where I’ve tried something on and said, “Oh my gosh, why don’t these fit?” But I’ll never be a six-foot-tall, 95-pound model; I’m meant to have a little more meat on my bones. One thing that bugs me is people who say, “Miley really needs to lose some weight,” or, “She got her boobs done.” I did start out really skinny, but you’re not going to have boobs when you’re 12 years old. I’m like, what are you talking about—let me grow!"

Do you worry that your boyfriend is so much older? "I don’t feel like I’m doing anything wrong, and I’m ready for people to accept it. My fans already accept it—they just want me to be happy. And I haven’t been that happy in a few years…working so hard, moving to L.A. from Nashville, going through a bad breakup [with Nick Jonas]. I’m finally happy again, and I think that is reflected in my music and my work. So honestly, I don’t feel like there’s anything to hide. And I love him so much I don’t really care."


Who are some of your role models in Hollywood? "This is actually funny. I’m a huge Jennifer Aniston fan and a huge Angelina Jolie fan. Jennifer Aniston can put on a plain black dress, with plain makeup and hair, and look so stunning. Angelina always looks so comfortable in her own skin: At a premiere she was wearing a pantsuit—what woman throws that on and looks smoking hot? She’s also changed every couple of years, going from wild child to being a mom and having a normal life. And Jennifer Aniston bounced back after her divorce. She could have gone crazy with so many different guys, but she didn’t. If anything like that ever happens to me, I’m like, Pull a Jennifer, Miley! She is so classy."

Can you ever imagine your life playing out like Britney Spears’ or Lindsay Lohan’s? They started out as squeaky-clean Disney stars too. "The last thing I ever want to do is disappoint my parents. My mom’s dad died when she was 18, and if something ever happened to one of my parents, I’d want them to go knowing I made them proud. I think it’s selfish to go out partying all the time, especially if you have little ones [in your family]. I have a nine-year-old sister, and I don’t want her to go to school and have people make fun of her for it."

For the full article, visit Glamour online.





No comments:

Post a Comment