Saturday, March 6, 2010

Johnny Depp remains humble; "Alice in Wonderland" debut $41 million

With his overwhelming career playing almost every distinctive character choices, Johnny Depp still manage to be humble on his achievement. Depp also shared to Parade his chemistry with Tim Buton and being a Pirate forever.
Johnny said, "My whole ride in this business since day one has been pretty surreal. It defies logic. I'm still completely shocked that I get jobs and still am around. So it has been a kind like falling through the rabbit hole into a kind of wonderland."
Talking about his work chemistry with Tim Burton especially in "Alice in Wonderland", Depp said, "To be honest, he could have asked me to play Alice and I would have said yes. I would have done whatever character he wanted. The fact that it was the Mad Hatter was a bonus because it was a great challenge. There is some kind of connection, some sort of understanding that Tim and I have that is at most times unspoken. I do feel a certain amount of pressure like, 'Will this be the film where I disappoint him?' I try really hard just to come up with something that's very different and we haven't experienced together before."

Johnny Depp and Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" debut (March 5) with an estimated $41 million on 3,728 screens.

Playing Captain Jack Sparrow on the nth time, Depp said, "I can't wait to get back in costume. Some people will say, 'Aha, Depp sold out by doing the sequels.' But it was never an issue for me. I love Captain Jack so much I'd do Pirates 7 if they asked me."

[Photo courtesy by Bauer Griffin]

No comments:

Post a Comment