Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Katherine Heigl confirms leaving "Grey's Anatomy"

It's official, Dr. Izzie Stevens is leaving Seattle Grace!!

Actress Katherine Heigl (aka Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens) has finally confirmed that she's leaving the hit series "Grey's Anatomy".
“I am done,” Heigl tells EW. “We just finalized our agreement. Everyone had been working really hard to find an amicable and gracious way of letting go and moving on. It’s sad but it’s what I wanted.”
Despite previous reports that she wants to focus on her film career, the 31-year-old actress reveals that her family is her top priority right now, “I started a family and it changed everything for me. It changed my desire to work full-time.”

Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes agreed to release Heigl from her contract 18 months early.

I'm sure that "Grey's Anatomy" still have great stories to offer and Heigl's departure is just a minor setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment