Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Charice debut first international single “Note to God” in Oprah (video & lyrics)

She is being called as "the little one" by David Forster and known as the internet singing sensation. For the third time and probably one of her memorable guesting in Oprah Winfrey show, Charice officially launched her first international single entitled “Note to God”.

Charice gave an emotional and powerful performance with her new single which was produced by the legendary David Foster and written by Grammy winner, Diane Warren.

As Oprah shows some teary eyes, her audience gave a standing ovation as they cheers and praise the little young singer.

Charice was accompanied by an orchestra and a choir with David Foster playing on the piano.

Oprah asked Charice is she's nervous, the young singer said, "I'm so nervous... this is really big for me. I sang my first song, my own song. And the people will say, ‘Oh, that is Charice's song".

Diane Warren described Charice’s performance as “amazing” and “beautiful.”

David Foster also said, “In my world, this only happens two to three times probably in my lifetime. And I work with a lot of people. So, this is one of those two to three moments… she just sings so beautifully.”

Part 1 of the video (Oprah)


Part 2 of the video and “A Note to God” lyrics after the jump...



Note To God Lyrics:

if I wrote a note to god,
I would speak what’s in my soul
I’d ask for all the hate to be swept away
and for love to over flow

if I wrote a note to god
I’d pour my heart out on each page
I’d ask for war to end
and for peace to mend this world

I’d say, I’d say
I’d say
give us the strength to make it through
help us find love, coz love is over due
and it looks like we haven’t got a clue
need some help from you
grant us the faith to carry on
give us hope when it seems all hope is gone
coz it seems like so much is goin wrong
on this road we’re on

if I wrote a note to god
I would say what on my mind
I’d ask for wisdom to let compassion rule this world
until these times

if I wrote a note to god,
I’d say please help us find our way
and all the bitterness with some tenderness in our hearts

I’d say, I’d say
I’d say
give us the strength to make it through
help us find love, coz love is over due
and it looks like we haven’t got a clue
need some help from you
grant us the faith to carry on
give us hope when it seems all hope is gone
coz it seems like so much is goin wrong
on this road we’re on

no no no no
we can’t do this on our own
so .. sooooo

give us the strength to make it through
help us find love, coz love is over due
and it looks like we haven’t got a clue
need some help from you
grant us the faith to carry on
give us hope when it seems all hope is gone
coz it seems like so much is goin wrong
on this road we’re on

if I wrote a note to god
[via charicemania]

No comments:

Post a Comment