Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth in Entertainment Weekly

Teaming up again for the first time in 14 years, Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth locks arms on latest cover of Entertainment Weekly.

One of TV's famous rival talks about their past, the reunion and the The CW's new 90210. Doherty signed on for four episodes and Garth's commitment to the show is open-ended.

Here's some interview snippets :

Shannen, do you think people expected more tension because you had a reputation for causing problems on set?
DOHERTY: Only people who bring up things from when I was 19 years old. The best thing that ever could have happened to me was I got off 90210 when I did. It let me find a little bit of peace and discover who I was as a person. Not the person who the press made me out to be because I'd had a few bad experiences in my personal life, and I was struggling to figure out a bad husband or a bad boyfriend and I was doing it under the spotlight, so I wasn't reacting well to any of it. I really wasn't. And I know that.

For the new 90210, you were both involved with determining where Kelly and Brenda were in their lives. Jennie, the producers initially wanted Kelly to be a West Beverly Hills High School board member, right? How did she become a guidance counselor?
GARTH: I didn’t want to be on the show for no reason. I wanted to have some value. When Gabe and [exec producer] Jeff [Judah] told me some of the things they were doing, I was like, ”Whoa. That is not 90210, people.” They were trying to educate me [about] how teens are in high school today. It was so shocking to me that I thought I should bring a positive spin somehow. Of course, I have yet to guide or counsel anyone.
DOHERTY: I think they must have told you the same things they told me.

For the full article, visit EW.

Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth at the EW 90210 photo shoot : VIDEO

The CW's 90210 premieres September 2.
more pics after the jump...







No comments:

Post a Comment