Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Selena Gomez want to be a First Lady of Fashion

Even she is not qualified to vote, 16 years-old Selena Gomez is continuously shows her concerns about the national issues by promoting the UR Votes Count campaign.

In the recent launched of Ur UR Votes Count at the Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California, the teen sensation said, "I am not old enough to vote. But I will be sooner or later, and if I keep pushing the subject away and not trying to learn about it now, I'm not going to know what to do when I am eligible to vote," and she added

"Being a teen myself, I think it's really important we are educated on the issues that affect us all so when we're eligible, we're fully prepared to take on one of our greatest privileges and responsibilities - voting."

"I think it's so important for kids to vote and be heard."

Selena joke about If she will be a First Lady? "Being the first lady would be fun," she says. "I would try to make fashion involved with the first lady. I would make it fun."

She is also cares about the environment, "You walk up to kids today and you ask them about global warming and issues like that, and half of them look at you and think, 'What's that?'" she says. "That's sad because, you know, they don't know what's going on and what's going to happen if we don't start working on this issue now."

No comments:

Post a Comment