Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Steven Tyler goes to rehab for painkiller addiction

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has entered into an undisclosed rehab facility to seek treatment for an alleged prescription-painkiller addiction.

According to People, Tyler's "addiction to prescription painkillers resulting from 10 years of performance injuries."

Tyler said in a statement, "With the help of my family and team of medical professionals, I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain and am eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates Joe Perry, Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton and Brad Whitford."

"I love Aerosmith; I love performing as the lead singer in Aerosmith," he adds. "I am grateful for all of the support and love I am receiving and am committed to getting things taken care of."

Supporting her decision, his daughter Liv Tyler says, "My family and I are in complete support of my dad's decision to seek treatment. He is a courageous man. We love him and are so proud that he is getting help to balance his pain management, not just for himself but for his family, friends and fans."

His injuries over the past decade left him with "severe chronic pain" and will require additional surgeries on his knees and feet, according to his physician, Dr. Brian McKeon.

Recently, Tyler and Perry shows disappointment to each other which Perry claimed that Steven quit the band but later on they denied the band's split up.

[Photo courtesy by David Livingston/Getty Image]





No comments:

Post a Comment