Thursday, February 21, 2008

Edison Chen quits entertainment industry after sex scandal

Asian artist are being struck by sex scandals. Hong Kong actor/singer Edison Chen made his first public appearance since his sex scandal broke out. He announced that he is stepping away from the entertainment industry to heal himself.

More than 1,300 private shots of Chen in bed with at least half a dozen female celebrities had been copied by the staff of a computer repair shop from a faulty laptop believed to belong to Chen, showering the media involvement.

He admitted for the first time that most of the pictures circulating on the Internet had been taken by him.

“These photos were very private and have not been shown to people and were never intended to be shown to anyone,” the 27-year-old said. “I have failed as a role model. However I wish that this matter will teach everyone a lesson. I’ve decided to do this to give myself an opportunity to heal myself and to search my soul. I will dedicate my time to charity and community work within the next few months.”

Ten arrests in connection with the scandal have already been made by Hong Kong police.

No comments:

Post a Comment