Monday, August 23, 2010

Fantasia Barrino on her overdoe: "I wanted out. I wanted it to be over"

After being hospitalized for "aspirin and a sleep aid" overdose, 'American Idol' Fantasia Barrino reveals that she knew exactly what she was doing and that moment, she wanted to die.

The 26 year-old tells VH1 in a new Behind the Music, "I didn't have any fight in me. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted out. At that moment, I wanted out. I wanted it to be over with – all of it, all of that [expletive]."

She continues: "I just sat in the closet and looked at the mirror and took all the pills in the bottle. I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can't accidentally take a whole bottle of pills."

"I was tired of people doing me wrong, constantly, over and over again, dealing with my family – my father, dealing with men and their [expletive] – I was tired," she says. "My head was hurting me. I was over it."
Barrino, who is now facing accusations of having an "adulterous affair" with a married man and a sex tape, was rushed to the hospital after she committed suicide. She claims that her married lover Antwaun Cook lied to her and the wife was actually suing her for ruining their “happy” marriage.

Meanwhile, The singer's new album, Back To Me, hits stores Tuesday.

[ Photo courtesy Larry Busacca / Getty Images]



No comments:

Post a Comment