Thursday, August 26, 2010

Original Blue Power Ranger David Yost reveals Being Gay and was Harassed on the show

The original Blue Ranger from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers revealed that he's gay in an interview with No Pink Spandex and he decided to quit the show after being harassed due to his sexuality.


Actor David Yost, who played the Blue Ranger Billy Cranston from 1993 to 1995 admitted:
“The reason that I walked off is that I was called ‘f—–’ one too many times,” Yost says. “I had just heard that several times while working on the show from creators, producers, writers, directors… Basically I just felt like i was continually being told I was not worthy of being where I am because I’m a gay person. And I’m not supposed to be an actor. And I’m not a superhero.”
Yost also claims that his "co-stars were called in a couple of times to different producers' offices and questioned about my sexuality, which is kind of a humiliating experience to find that out."

Yost says he suffered a nervous breakdown after he left the show and struggled to accept his sexuality.










No comments:

Post a Comment