Saturday, May 29, 2010

Miley Cyrus on Billboard Magazine: "I listen to zero pop music"

Miley Cyrus posed holding a huge letter M in the latest Billboard Magazine issue. Is the 17 year-old tween implying that she is Mature enough to go with her new music career and image?

Miley's marching into adulthood, E!'s Suzanne Ross said, "Miley's transformation was inevitable-she's been clawing herself out of that cage for a while.. I'm surprised it shocks people anymore. It's an inevitable part of growing up Disney. It's a formula, from what I've seen from past stars: Disney makes you a star, you make them an enormous amount of money, and then you either crash and burn or you go out and stake your claim in the real world."

The “Can’t Be Tamed” songstress reveals that she never really listens to pop music despite the fact that she is a pop singer.
"I listen to zero pop music, which is really weird for someone who makes pop music," Cyrus says, noting that the first concert she ever went to was Poison. (She covers "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" with Bret Michaels doing backing vocals on the album.) "My 13-year-old self would have beaten up my 17-year-old self because she would be like, 'You're a sellout!' But that's not what it is. It's not dance music that's just about, 'Ooh, I'm in the club and everyone's looking at me.' It means something. I'm not just sitting here trying to sell glitz and glamour...because no one lives that life. A lot of [pop] songs are super shallow, but this music isn't."



[Image: Billboard]

No comments:

Post a Comment