Monday, May 24, 2010

Joe Jonas on Break Up with Demi Lovato: "It Was My Choice"

After months of dating, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato have officially broken up but their working relationship continues as they hit the road for the summer tour, beginning July 27 in Dallas.

Joe claims that it is his "choice to break up", he said, "Demi and I knew going into our romantic relationship that it may not be an easy one. I realize over the time we have shared together that I feel I care more about our friendship right now. It was my choice to break up but I love her as a friend. She's been there for me when I needed her. I will continue to be her friend and be there for her."

Meanwhile, Demi took to her Twitter account about their breakup, "I'd like to clear a few things up. First, Joe and I did split but it wasn't over the phone. Things didn't work out but we'll remain friends. Secondly, I am NOT dating anybody already. Nothing is more important to me than the relationship I have with my fans. Just thought you guys should know this."

The two first met on the set of Disney's Camp Rock in 2007 and Demi toured with the Jonas Brothers the following year.

[Photo courtesy by Jason Merritt/Getty Image]

No comments:

Post a Comment