Monday, February 16, 2009

No more charges for Michael Phelps' bong pic

Michael Phelps' celebrity status as a sports icon helps him escaped for more drug charges. Many are now saying the world is not really fair.

According to County Sheriff Leon Lott via TMZ that they will not charge Michael Phelps over a photo of him using a cannabis bong pipe.
Lott said, "Michael Phelps is truly an American hero ... but even with his star status, he is still obligated to obey the laws of our state."
Meanwhile, Michael Phelps released this statement about this development:
"I'm glad this matter is put to rest. But there are also some important lessons that I've learned. For me, it's all about recognizing that I used bad judgment and it's a mistake I won't make again. For young people especially -- be careful about the decisions you make. One bad decision can really hurt you and the people you care about. I really appreciate the support my family and fans have shown me and now I will move forward and dive back into the pool, having put this whole thing behind me."
Can the authorities give the same privileges to a ordinary junkie? But still I'm rooting for you in the next Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment