Monday, January 26, 2009

Oprah Winfrey the legislator?

It seems the controversial Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is making a mockery on dropping names in his recent interview even if he is battling an impeachment trial. He called the trial unconstitutional.

He named and considered Oprah Winfrey to be the next successor for Barack Obama's Senate seat. The only think that he didn't pursue this idea is
"she probably wouldn't take it, [and] if I offered it to her how do you make sure it doesn't look like a gimmick?
In Oprah's side, she will not take the position.
She said, "Absolutely not"

"I would have said, ‘Where would I fit it in with my day job? My mid-day job, my night job, my radio job, my magazine job?'" Winfrey said to her friend Gayle King on King's Sirius radio show.

Oprah also said, "I’m pretty amused by the whole thing."



Gov. Rod Blagojevich interview

[photo via celeb utopia]

No comments:

Post a Comment