Thursday, September 13, 2007

Naomi Campbell: "PETA Went Too Far" and I blame my addiction to .......

The fiery supermodel Naomi Campbell has spoken out about her departure from the anti-fur campaign launched by animal rights activists in the mid-1990s, insisting she quit as spokeswoman because of the organization's crude tactics. Naomi said, "When PETA started targeting (Vogue editor) Anna Wintour and (designer) Karl Lagerfield and putting dead animals on their plate, I felt that they went too far and I thought, I didn't want to be a part of this campaign anymore. (But) I do like wearing fur and I still do."
Naomi Campbell says she blame the murder of pal GIANNI VERSACE sent her into booze and drug addiction. Naomi claims the fashion king’s 1997 shooting triggered her “self destruct button”. She said: “That traumatized me . . . the way he was killed. ".
Maybe her addictions started LONG before that, so I find it kind of tasteless to say it was triggered by Versace's death instead.
source: thesun

No comments:

Post a Comment