Friday, November 27, 2009

Robbie Williams is engaged to girlfriend Ayda Field; rep. says just a joke; mom's says their engaged.. What?

Like his song "She's the One", British singer Robbie Williams finally found the one as he proposed to his girlfriend Ayda Field on Sydney’s The Kyle And Jackie O Show radio station on Friday morning (November 27).
Williams said, “Is there anyone you want to get married to? Ayda Field I love you so much… Will you marry me?”

A delighted Field replied, “Yes, I’ll marry you. Where’s the ring?”

The Angels hitmaker slipped a temporary ring on her finger, that was given to him by presenter Jackie O, saying, “I love you so much. Would you be my betrothed ’til the end of time?”
But good news will be cut short and it seems the proposal is just a joke.
According to his rep, who says, “He did say it, but he did it in a jocular manner. They are not engaged.”
Adding to the whirlwind news, Williams' mother Jan later told British radio that the 35-year-old star intended to marry Field "in the not-too-distant future".
The singer's mother Jan told BBC's Radio 5 Live show: "I'm very excited. I'm really pleased. They've been together for nearly three years, so it's about time."

"He wanted to do something different. She's a lovely girl and I'm really pleased for them. I've got a daughter-in-law."

"I don't think it will be that far in the too-distant future, but that's all I'm going to say on that."



[photos courtesy by Mark Leech - Xposure]

No comments:

Post a Comment