Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ashley Tisdale: herself as her own worst critic and playing teen roles as long as she can.

Promoting her new movie "Aliens In The Attic", Ashley Tisdale sat down with Parade’s Jeanne Wolf to talks about her playing teen roles as long as she can and get away with it, herself as her own critic and many more...

Here's some highlights of Ashley's interview:

Taking on the bad guys from outer space.
"I was kicking alien butt. That was really me. I only had a stunt double for one scene. It was a little weird fighting something that wasn't there because the alien critters were all added later with CGI. Actually, in one scene I was pretending to kick an alien and it was really a guy holding a tennis racket."

She's tough on herself.
"I'm my worst critic. I will watch my movie and I'm just like, 'Oh, my gosh, what was I thinking?' I have to watch it a couple of times, and then I start to appreciate what I did but I'm still never satisfied and I think that's what drives me. No matter how good you are, I think that you're always able to learn more about your craft and that's what I'm hoping to do."

A new album.
"I'm really excited that Guilty Pleasure is being released today. I think this music is a little bit edgier, a little bit more mature -- definitely a reflection of where I'm in my life right now. 'It's Alright. It's OK' is the first single. I think the next will probably be 'Masquerade' which is about role-playing in a relationship. It's fun and has a good beat to it."

She's not giving up on playing teens.
"I look young, which just comes from good genes. I think I'll probably do more kids in high school but not like High School Musical, something maybe geared to older teens. In this business, once you get to that age where you're an adult, you can't go back. So, I think that I really want to have a long career and play young as long as I can."

As for an older Sharpay.
"I don't know. Maybe. I definitely would love to know what she's like in 20 years, but I don't know about doing another High School Musical in 20 years."

For the full article, visit PARADE.

[Photo courtesy by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images]

No comments:

Post a Comment