Thursday, October 23, 2008

Raffaello Follieri - 4 1/2 imprisonment !

Anne Hathaway's ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri will now rub the steel bars after Manhattan federal court sentenced him in 4½ years in prison.

Follieri pleaded guilty last month to 14 counts of wire fraud, money laundering and conspiracy. He cheated investors by claiming he had Vatican connections that allowed him to buy Catholic Church property at a discount.

Through an interpreter, Follieri delivered a statement, in which he said, "The most important thing I want the court to know is I was not raised with bad values. … I started off with good intentions, determined to run an honorable business and make everyone proud of me."

But, he admitted, "What I did was wrong and there is no point in making excuses. … I will never be able to wash away the shame. … I just hope that someday those who have been hurt by my actions will forgive me."

No comments:

Post a Comment