Thursday, June 12, 2008

Charlize Theron in July 2008 British GQ magazine

Charlize Theron gave some strong opinion over fame-obsessed celebrities who embraces media attention in the July 2008 British issue of GQ magazine.

She also opens up on everything from her tough background to her Oscar-winning career.

Some interview excerpts:

On fame-obsessed stars striving to be paparazzi fodder: “It comes across as this really sad need for approval. I’ve heard people make comments like, ‘You don’t really want to be in the tabloids but you need to be for your career.’ They believe it’s actually important. It’s not. It’s ugly.”

On suggestions that actresses should welcome the tabloid attention: “People say, ‘That’s your job.’ It really isn’t, actually. It’s not my job to go out there and make an ass out of myself.”

On stars who spread their personal lives over the pages of glossy magazines: “Like, your life belongs to us now? That’s the deal? I didn’t get that memo. It wasn’t sent to me and I didn’t sign it. So, f*ck you.”

On glitzy celebrity parties: “I’d rather get drunk on red wine and talk with people I love. Friends come over and we cook, take long walks and hang out on the beach.”

more pics after the jump.....




No comments:

Post a Comment